"Anything From Anyone"-Roger Voudouris
This is insane. I can’t quite wrap my mind around it because 899 of you followed me JUST THIS MONTH. So even though I’m pretty darn broke, I want to do a giveaway. So many of you have sent such sweet messages to me and to Quigley and what better way to say thank you than to give someone the chance to win a shiny new book!
- Please be following me, the-book-ferret!
- Open internationally
- Ends July 31st
- For entries, like/reblog this post! Just don’t spam your followers!
- No giveaway blogs, please!
- Since I am superbroke there will only be one winner who is welcome to choose any book from the book depository, preferably paperback, along with a note signed by myself and Quigley
- Make sure if you enter you’re comfortable sending me your mailing address. If you’re not old enough, please get your parent’s permission!
- Be sure to have your ask box open. If I don’t receive a reply within a day or so, I’ll pick a new winner
- Thank you for following me and good luck! *loves* Mac & Quigley
Hello lovelies! Lo and behold!
I promised a giveaway so here it is. It’s my first ever giveaway and I wasn’t expecting it to happen so soon. My blog is one week old today and i have over 100 followers, so what better occasion than this, right? :) So as a big, heartfelt thanks, this is all for you. You can see by my choices that i feel strongly for Markus Zusak and John Green. I hope you do too :)
The loot is one book of free choice, paperback, from BookDepository of maximum 20 $ (USD). The giveaway is international, or at least as far as book depository is willing to ship. I hope like my choices, if you already have one of the books in a series, you can choose another one.
We can’t have a giveaway without rules, so here you are:
- You must be following me, alex-loves-books (trust me, I will check).
- For entries, reblog this post, but careful not to spam your followers :) You can also like the post for bookmark.
- Your inbox/ask must be open.
- No giveaway blogs, please.
- You must be comfortable with giving me your address, I promise I am not creepy and I will not stalk.
- There will only be one winner, because my finances aren’t that great.
- THIS GIVEAWAY ENDS AUGUST 15th.
I will contact the winner, who will have 48 hours to respond. If I don’t receive a reply within that timespan, I will pick a new winner. If you have any questions, ask away, I am more than open :)
May the odds be ever in your favor and thank you again for following me!
Jagged Little Pill
Original, confessional and honest are words to sum up this impressive breakthrough album by Alanis Morissette. It was the 90s, and at the time a new breed of female artists were taking center stage. Many people and critics can cite her for breaking ground due to this album. There was not one person at the time who owned this album.
Sure, we all know the singles: the angry, rock vocal driven “You Oughta Know,” the grammy-nominated “Ironic,” and “Hand In My Pocket”. "Like a Jagged Little Pill,” she says from the song “You Learn,” which the title of the album is mentioned. The track opener “All I Really Want” is a great one. “All I really want, is some justice!” she screams, as she goes on about how she wants those same affections she gives to her lover. “Perfect” is another great one. “Try a little harder…..” she says in a calming tone. Her vocals are great here. There were some songs that I did not care for, like “Mary Jane” and “Not The Doctor”. There is little to be said about them.
Many people will see this as Morissette’s best work, and one of the most definitive records not only in the 90s, but in music history,